Resources for clinicians
There are some great resources out there for learning about trans healthcare – but it can be hard to know where to find them.
We have collated various training resources that are available for clinicians including primary healthcare and mental health support.
- Trans Hub – information for clinicians
A project by ACON providing info on getting started, creating welcoming environments, hormones, surgical affirmation, mental health, sexual health, fertility and reproductive health.
Online modules and webinars on trans health care
- Mental Health Care for Trans, Gender Diverse, and Non-Binary People
Free – provided by the University of Melbourne
- MindOUT Webinars
This series of webinars critically engages with topics related to understanding mental health and suicide prevention for LGBTI people.
- Primary Health Care for trans, gender diverse & non-binary people
- The trans GP module
- Trans & gender diverse healthcare for general practice RACGP
6CPD points (need a RACGP login)
Wavelength is a free open access resource on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and intersex health for medical students and health professionals.
- Informed consent guidelines 2020
Protocols for the initiation of hormone therapy for trans, gender diverse and non-binary patients
- Sample informed consent form for initiating masculinising hormone therapy
- Sample informed consent form for initiating feminising hormone therapy
- Hormone therapy for trans and gender diverse patients in the general practice setting
Australian Journal of GP Medicine
- Hormonal management of trans and gender diverse adults
MJA Position Statement Endorsed by RACP, ESA, AUSPATH
- Australian standards of care and treatment guidelines for transgender and gender diverse children and adolescents.
The full article is accessible to AMA members and paid subscribers.
Australia’s peak body for professionals involved in the health, rights and well-being of trans, gender diverse and non-binary people.
- Trans Health Research
Australian research and resources.
- LGBTI+ Health Australia
The national peak health organisation in Australia for organisations and individuals that provide health-related programs, services and research focused on LGBTIQ+ people and communities.